ACTT Notes: Canvas LTIs
- We took a look at LTIs that have been added to courses since we launched Canvas last August – https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wZjG7kOkKmMrShSMAsE0WDLXUbX8wMi8koN_DVu96Y8
- Created a chart to view course-level installed LTIs over time – https://fusiontables.google.com/DataSource?docid=1xyI7fnePG-XUH-A2ubUpHmQaAfxSnGEpocW1NNCj&pli=1#chartnew:id=4
- Not surprising that a lot of LTIs are added at the beginning of each semester
- Most popular is “REDIRECT”
- Be interesting to speak with faculty who use an LTI repeatedly, re: 3D GameLab
- Noted that LTIs from publishers were added.
- Q: Will these LTIs need to be re-evaluated
- A: We should check the list and note the last time the LTI was evaluated.
- Was convenient with Adobe Connect
- Is there a cost?
- Will there be challenges for SSO? Canvas uses CAS, Zoom uses ADFS.
- Will bring it up with the Web Conferencing Team
GoogleApps and O365 Canvas LTI Evaluations
- Both LTIs offer enhanced functionality and integration in Canvas
- Slides and spreadsheets can be used in Collaborations, as well as docs.
- Files from both services can be submitted for assignments, and evaluated using the SpeedGrader.
- Access to both services is included in the Rich Text editor (similar to Panopto) in the “external tool” menu
- Adam and Joe attended a brainstorming meeting for the Course Hub and O365
- Discussing what a course space in O365 looks like
- Discussing how to manage the course group
- LTIs need to be added at the account level, cannot be added to a sub-account or course
- Will test in https://middlebury.test.instructure.com this week
- Assuming testing goes well we will pilot in the production instance in the fall, then evaluate.
- Instructure will present a review of Middlebury’s use of Canvas in the first year. This will happen at the ACTT meeting on Aug. 22nd.
- Joe is working on a launch roadmap for Panopto. Dates have been shared, please send feedback.
- ACTT Core Group notes will be published to the site.